How we can help
Children Today relies entirely on voluntary donations. We receive no funding from the government or NHS. It is donations made by our supporters which enable us to provide specialised equipment such as:
- Electric wheelchairs – individually adapted to give maximum independence
- Walking Aids
- Sensory equipment
- Adapted car seats
- Lifting aids to enable movement
- Posturepedic sleep equipment
These items and many more specialised aids are designed to improve and enhance the lives of children and young people with disabilities, helping them to become as independent as possible and to reach their potential.
Applications must be for specialised pieces of equipment for individual children (not groups or schools) and must be made by the individual applying, their parent, or legal guardian.
How to Apply
Call us on 01244 335622 to discuss your needs and request an application form. As part of our application process we ask that you please provide the following:
- Obtain a professional medical reference from someone who works with your child in a professional capacity saying how this piece of equipment will benefit your child (occupational therapist, doctor, hospital consultant etc).
- Provide a valid quotation from the supplier of the equipment (please note we do not offer any retrospective funding and the quotation must still be in date).
- Provide some basic financial information on the application form
Simply return the application form along with the supporting information to
Children Today, 17B Telford Court, Chestergates Business Park, Chester, CH1 6LT.